Help! I knocked out a tooth playing sports! What should I do?
We know that it’s easy for us to tell you not to panic when you’re the one holding your tooth in your hand! That’s why your emergency dentist in Van Nuys wants you to be aware beforehand of how to handle this critical emergency and protect your oral health.
How to Handle a Dental Emergency
There are several steps you should take:
- Call our office right away and let us know what happened.
- Handle the tooth by the crown only.
- Don’t disturb any tissue that’s attached to the root.
- Try to reinsert the tooth back in the socket gently, but don’t force it.
- If you can’t reinsert it, place the tooth in your cheek pocket or a container of water, milk, or saliva until you get to our office.
If your jaw is injured or you're bleeding excessively, please call 911 or head to your nearest emergency room right away. Otherwise, call us and get safely to our office so Dr. Bacquet can take the necessary steps to save the tooth.
Emergency Dental Appointments in Van Nuys
Dr. Bacque has the skill and experience needed to handle just about any dental emergency righty here at our Van Nuys dental office. When you need emergency dental treatment, please call Saticoy Plaza Dentistry at (818) 708-9889 so we can provide the urgent care you need.
Mary loves coming to Dr. Bacquet! She has been a patient of Dr. Charles Bacquet for over 30 years. She continues coming to Saticoy Plaza Dentistry and is seen regularly ... Read More