If you have been told you need a new dental crown, it is probably because you have a damaged or weakened tooth that needs to be protected. A porcelain dental crown does the job by forming a “cap” that surrounds and encloses a tooth to strengthen it and restore its appearance and function.
5 Steps to a Healthier Smile
For a restoration that does so much, getting dental crowns in Van Nuys, CA is a surprisingly easy process!
- Step 1: Consult with your dentist to explore your options and determine if a crown is the best choice for you.
- Step 2: Next, your dentist will alter the crown tooth to allow space for the restoration to fit correctly and look natural.
- Step 3: Impressions are taken of the prepared tooth, and a model is created. Your dentist uses the model to create a temporary restoration, then sends it to a custom dental lab to be fabricated. At this time, you will also choose the shade of your restoration so it blends seamlessly with your smile.
- Step 4: In about two weeks, your new crown will be ready, and you will return to your dentist who will check the crown for proper fit and cement it in place.
- Step 5: Enjoy the freedom of knowing your smile is as healthy as it can be! With proper care, a dental crown should provide at least ten years of service.
Call Saticoy Plaza Dentistry to Get Started
If you have dental damage, you owe it to yourself and your continued good oral health to have the tooth restored as soon as possible. Dr. Daniel Bacquet places beautiful, long-lasting dental crowns in Van Nuys, CA and has helped many of his patients enjoy a healthier, confident smile.
The best place to start is by calling our office to arrange a consultation with Dr. Bacquet. We look forward to getting started!